Friday, July 29

Friday Musings


It’s Friday, and I have no drama to dwell on at the moment, so I thought I would post some end of the week fluff.  One of the common conversation starters in my house is the question “What was your favorite thing you did today?”  Hubby and I ask each other, we ask the kids, sometimes even the kids ask each other.  We don’t do it every day, and there is no rhyme or reason to it, it just started when he and I were dating, and it has grown from there.  I can honestly say, my favorite thing of the day happened early this morning!  (Get your head out of the gutter!)  My sweet, precious, 4 year old bundle of energy got out of bed a good half hour before he usually does.  I was in the living room sitting in my recliner, and I had just finished up my quiet time.  He climbed up on my lap, and I held him and we cuddled for about 45 minutes.  I had things I needed to be doing (Don’t mind my non-washed styled hair today), but this time was precious to me.  He wanted me to rub his back, and lightly tickle him.  He told me all about what he did at swim lessons last night, and he told me this: 
I just love him so much and he melts my heart when he does stuff like this!  Makes up for the CONSTANT chatter and questions from last night when I really just wanted him to go to bed early and leave me alone because it was 106 outside and 83 inside!  UGH!  

In other news, Oklahoma State Cowboy Football released the images of their new uniforms for this season from Nike.  My buddy Kyle Porter first blogged about it late Wednesday night.  He got so many hits, fans crashed his site during the day on Thursday.  He got a lot of local press Thursday, too!  Good job, Kyle!  The OSU Athletics site didn’t put them up until late Thursday evening, but I digress.  My point is, they have been THE TALK of Cowboys fans on both Facebook and Twitter (and message boards, too, I am sure!) for the past 36 hours or so.  In my best assessment of the posts I have seen, Guys LOVE them, Women are split down the middle! LOL!  My opinion (which if you follow me on Twitter or are a Facebook friend, you already know), is that gray is NOT an OSU color and it looks drab and dirty, I have never been a fan of all black, and I LOATHE Evil Phantom Pete.  My first choice would be white helmet, orange jersey, orange pants.  Second choice is white helmet (the gray and the black are both “flat” (not shiny) and I just don’t like ‘em), black jersey, orange pants.  Whatever they wear, it doesn’t matter.  It’s just going to be super fun to watch my ‘Boys have an AMAZING season and to see Brandon Weeden and Justin Blackmon (whom I helped recruit and was there for his signing day when I worked in football) leave it all out on the field and put some wins on the scoreboard.  GO POKES!  (and PLEASE leave Evil Phantom Pete to die off. So disturbing…)


 
And finally, the weather.  What. The. HEAT!!!!!  It’s gotten to the point where it doesn’t even matter.  It’s so hot, and there is nothing more to say about it, and DEFINITELY nothing we can do about it.  People posting pics of the thermometer in their car are completely ignored.  The fact that everyone we know is going into cardiac arrest when they open their electric bill is not even fazing us anymore.  Weather used to be the go-to topic when a conversation hit a lull, but it’s so hot and boring to talk about, people just stare at each other.  Our governor is asking up to pray for rain.  There are burn bans, water rationing schedules, and swimming pools across the state are closing because the water is too warm to safely swim in.  We are tying or breaking heat records every day.  AND THERE IS NO END IN SIGHT!  It's not even August yet.  My dad always talks about the summer of 1980 because it was so hot.  (I don’t remember, I was 5.)  Well, Dad, I think we may beat that one by quite a bit the way it looks.  We are actually CHEERING for tropical storm Don in the Gulf of Mexico to hit Texas and bring some moisture our way.  How sad is that?  When was the last time we BEGGED for a storm?

So, on that happy note, I will say – enjoy your weekend!  We are taking the Jakester back to school shopping a bit tomorrow, and enjoying a block party put on by a church near our neighborhood, and waiting patiently for our girls to come back home (they will be back Monday night).  Should be a good (hot) day.  Hope you have one, too!

No comments: